General Rules & Expectations
- · Students are expected to attend all scheduled classes. Students are expected to be prompt and prepared when class begins. Attendance will be taken. Please notify the school in the event of an absence by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
A missed class may be made up if a comparable class is available. Tuition is not prorated for absences, other than emergencies.
- · STUDENTS MUST BE DROPPED OFF AND PICKED UP FROM THE MDT STUDIOS. Please DO NOT drop off your child in the parking lot or ask that they meet you there after class. Students must stay in the lobby and are not to wander around or off the St. Vincent's property. Your child's safety is of the utmost importance to us and we ask that you please discuss this pick-up process with your student.
- · Please send a substantial, healthy snack and a water bottle with your dancer for those who have multiple classes. MDT does not offer food for purchase. Food/drink containers should be clearly marked with student's name. We ask that students please clean up after themselves. PLEASE NOTIFY THE OFFICE IF YOUR CHILD HAS FOOD ALLERGIES.
- · Smoking cigarettes, e-cigarettes, vaping, alcohol, or other drug use is expressly forbidden on the MDT premises or the grounds of St. Vincent's AT ANY TIME. Such usage may constitute grounds for dismissal from the MDT program.
- · Students are expected to dress according to the MDT dress code as specified for their level. This includes no dangling earrings or other loose jewelry, no chipped nail polish, no visible tattoos (temporary or permanent), and no body piercings (stud earring are ok). Dancer's hair must be put neatly in a bun or pulled back if it's too short for a bun. No gum chewing is allowed at any time.
- · The MDT office telephones are available to students for emergency use only.
- · Please be aware that we share the St. Vincent's campus with other tenants. Please drive slowly and carefully when entering/exiting the St. Vincent's parking lot (speed limit is strictly enforced at 10 mph) and do not walk-through areas marked "off limits" by the Catholic Youth Organization. Dogs are NOT ALLOWED on campus AT ANY TIME.
- · Riding bicycles, skateboards, scooters, or motorized vehicles are not allowed on the St. Vincent's campus.
School Year 2022/2023 Dates
➢ The 1st Semester dates are September 6, 2022 – January 28, 2023. Tuition is due Monday, August 22, 2022.
➢ The 2nd Semester dates are January 30, 2023 – June 2, 2023. Tuition is due Monday, January 17, 2023.
A completed online registration, annual registration fee, and tuition payment must be submitted at the time of enrollment unless other arrangements are made with the billing department. A student may not attend classes until this administrative requirement has been met.
Annual Registration Fee:
All students enrolled in classes at MDT are required to pay the annual $70 registration fee at the time of their initial enrollment.
Billing and Payment Procedures:
The regular school program runs September 6, 2022 to June 2, 2023 and is divided into two semesters. Tuition for each semester is due and payable two weeks PRIOR to the start of the session. The bank fee for any returned checks is $30.00 (per check) and will be charged to the customer.
Any billing disputes must be addressed in writing and sent to the attention of the Bookkeeping department. You may email questions regarding your account to email@example.com
. Please allow up to 3 days for a response.
Families will register and pay online through our registration system, Studio Director. If you cannot make a credit card payment online, you may submit a check or cash to the office in the payment box near the front door. Please place the payment inside an envelope and label it to the attention of "Bookkeeping".
Tuition payments not received by the 3rd week of the semester will be subject to a late fee. A late fee of 10% of the balance due will be applied. Delinquent accounts may be turned over to the Board of Directors for further action.
MDT is a non-profit organization that relies heavily on prompt tuition payments
to offer quality dance education and manage ongoing day-to-day expenses. Overdue accounts are subject to the late fees as described above.
New or continuing registrations will not be accepted semester to semester if your account is delinquent, nor will the student be eligible to participate in performances. Marin Dance Theatre reserves the right to refuse admittance to classes and to terminate participation with MDT if their account is delinquent.
Termination and Refunds:
Registration and tuition fees are non-refundable. The school does not offer refunds for missed classes or for withdrawing after the semester has started. Refunds for extenuating circumstances will be reviewed and are at the discretion of the MDT Staff and Board of Directors.
All students are required to pay performance fees in full by the designated due date. Students with delinquent accounts will not be eligible to participate in performances. Students on scholarship are required to pay any performance fees.
Parents/guardians will be invoiced for the academic year in two semesters. Invoices are generated automatically for each semester unless the school is notified, in writing, that a student will be withdrawing from the program. Invoices are sent out approximately two weeks prior to the due date. Any questions about your account can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Private lessons are scheduled directly with the instructor. Dancers who participate in private lessons must have a credit card on file. Hourly lessons are $75/hour. Lessons will be invoiced and charged to the credit card on file.
Students who need to cancel a lesson must provide 24 hours' notice AND the cancelation must be acknowledged by the instructor, otherwise, students will be charged a "cancelation fee" of $60.
MDT must be notified when a student will be withdrawing from the school. If MDT is not notified, in writing, billing will continue on a semester basis. Marin Dance Theatre reserves the right to refuse admittance to classes and to terminate participation with MDT based on student and/or parent conduct, or if their account is delinquent.
Families with more than one student enrolled at MDT shall pay the highest-level tuition first, with the next highest-level sibling eligible for a 20% discount, and subsequent siblings eligible for a 25% discount. If the oldest sibling is awarded a scholarship, the next sibling is eligible for a 20% discount, with subsequent siblings eligible for a 25% discount.
Parents with children participating in a performance are required to volunteer to help with each performance OR pay an opt-out fee of $100 (Springfest & Summerfest) or $200 (Sophie & the Enchanted Toyshop).
Emergency Information and Photography/Video Release:
Parents/Guardians must sign the Emergency & Photography/Video Release form within the first week of starting classes at MDT. It is mandatory to have emergency information on each dancer in the event we need to utilize the information in an emergency. Each family will need to sign a photography/video release for their dancer. Your refusal to accept the terms of the photograph/video release will result in the dancer not being able to participate in Marin Dance Theatre performances.
COVID-19 Waiver and General Release of Liability:
All parents/guardians of MDT students must e-sign the General Liability/COVID-19 Assumption of Risk and Waiver of Liability form posted on your Studio Director account before starting in-person classes at MDT. Without an acknowledgment of the form on file, students will not be admitted to class.
COVID-19 Policies & Protocols:
MDT will continue to comply with state and local guidelines as it relates to Covid-19, and guidelines will be updated as needed. Please know, your child's safety is our priority.